When signing up to use Sleepfulness you will be asked to create a Mindfulness Everywhere account. The following information is relevant to using the Sleepfulness application and your Mindfulness Everywhere account.
It is Mindfulness Everywhere’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites and applications. At Mindfulness Everywhere, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask for your personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
2. Who We Are
Here are the details that the Data Protection Act 1998 says we have to give you as a ‘data controller’:
Our site address is www.sleepfulnessapp.com
Our company name is Mindfulness Everywhere
Our registered address is 145-157 St John Street, London, United Kingdom EC1V 4PW
Our nominated representative is Rohan Gunatillake (Director)
3. What data we collect and how we use what we collect
We collect and process the following data about you:
- Your contact details in order to process and verify your Mindfulness Everywhere account
- Information you put into forms or surveys in order to recommend particular tracks and packs within Sleepfulness or other relevant Mindfulness Everywhere services and products that may be of interest to you.
- Time and day listened to individual tracks in order to inform you which are your most popular times to listen to tracks and how long you take between listening to tracks.
- Quantity of times listened to particular tracks and types of tracks (Going to Sleep, Waking up etc)
- Regularity of use of the app, particular tracks and particular packs
- Tracks not listened to in order to highlight tracks you may want to try.
- A record of any correspondence between us in order to improve our service
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site
- Information about your device (e.g. your device type, IP address, browser, operating system, etc.) for system administration
4. Choice about your data
In order to use the Sleepfulness app you must sign up for a Mindfulness Everywhere account. The functionality of the app requires this sign up, and enables us to provide a tailored product for you and for you to use the app on different devices.
Anonymous data about how the Sleepfulness community are using the app may be shared with all users and is gathered through a third party analytics service (Google analytics). To delete your Mindfulness Everywhere account please contact email@example.com
5. Protection of your data
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Any data transferred online is done so securely using HTTPS, and your data is stored by a third party provider in the UK, which meets the expectations of data protection in the UK, Europe and internationally.
Sleepfulness discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Sleepfulness’s behalf or to provide services available on Sleepfulness, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Sleepfulness, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
Sleepfulness will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Sleepfulness discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law, or when Sleepfulness believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Sleepfulness, third parties or the public at large.
In supplying your email address, you agree that Sleepfulness may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with other Mindfulness Everywhere products. We primarily use our various blogs and social media accounts to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Information will also be published through the Sleepfulness app.
6. Disclosing your information
We are allowed to disclose your information in the following cases:
- We can disclose it if we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people’s property, safety or rights
- We can exchange information with others to protect against fraud or credit risks.
7. Your rights
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to see information we hold about you. To exercise this right please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Links to other sites
Please note that our terms and conditions and our policies will not apply to other websites that you get to via a link from our site.
10. Changes and updates